Why you should use a collaborative platform
Collaborative platforms are a great way to get your family on the same page and communicate.
There are many reasons why you should use a collaborative platform. You can share files, send messages and chat with your teammates in real time. You can also create tasks, manage projects, and set deadlines for your team members.
Collaborative platforms have been widely adopted by companies of all sizes because they make it easy to work with teams from all over the world. Working together is an important part of any family slideshow process so it's best to have an efficient tool for managing it!
Collaborating on a Slideshow & Tips for Working Together
Collaboration is a key factor in a successful video presentation. It can be difficult to work with different personalities, but it's important to keep in mind that the goal is to be able to work together to gather the best possible photos for your slideshow. Tips for Working Together:
- Discuss each other’s strengths and weaknesses
- Be open minded
- Stay focused on the goals of the project
- Avoid interrupting each other while they are speaking
Collaborating with a Family Member on a Video Project
When collaborating with an external family member or friend on a joint slideshow project, it is important to have a clear understanding of the goals for the project. This will help you stay focused on what needs to be done and make sure that everyone understands the expectations. It's also helpful to set up a timeline for when you expect to have certain tasks completed and then check in regularly with your fellow collaborator to see if they need any help or input.
Sharing photos on Facebook, Google Drive, Dropbox
One really nice way to share your photos and build your slideshow project with other family members is to use a Cloud service or social media platform. Thankfully, these services have made it easy to collaborate with others around the globe.
Everyone is on Facebook whether they want to admit it or not. That means everyone can use the tools their developers have created to share their photos. Here’s how you can create an album and share it with your family members.
- Sign into Facebook
- Go to your personal page and click the “Photos” button
- Select “Create album”
- Click on the menu button in the top right corner and click “Edit”
- Select “Add Contributors” and choose the people you want to collaborate with
- Click “Done”
- Sign into Google Drive
- Click the “+New” button in the top left corner then choose “New folder”
- Name your folder and click “Create”
- On the main screen, make sure your new folder is selected
- Tap the “Share” button (it looks like a person with a + sign)
- Add the email address(es) of the person(s) you want to collaborate with
- Under General Access, change “Restricted” to “Anyone with the link”
- Tap on the word “Viewer” and select “Editor” in the dropdown window
- Tap “Done”
- Sign into your Dropbox account
- Click the “+Create” button and select “Folder”
- Name your folder and choose “Specific People”
- Enter the email addresses separated by commas of the people you want to collaborate with
- Beside the email addresses, select “Can edit” in the dropdown menu
- Click “Done”
The digital era has made it easier than ever to work together to create the perfect slideshow. Even so, gathering photos from relatives and friends can be very difficult. Thankfully, with collaboration platforms it is easy to share your photos and work together to ensure every important photo is represented in your slideshow.